We are looking for freelance data journalists for the ongoing football season in several different locations around the country. These data journalists attend local matches and report key statistics such as goals, corner kicks, cards etc. from the venues in real time using their mobile phone or tablet. To succeed in this role you should:
* have attention to detail and be able to train and work independently
* be able to communicate in English (written and spoken), Finnish or Swedish skills (depending on the location) are a plus but not at all required
* have at least basic knowledge of the sport (rules, teams and such)
* live within 100 km distance from your nearest team(s) and have adequate means of transportation to and from the venues
* be at least 18 years of age
* and be able to plan your schedule at least a week or two ahead.
We are offering:
* full training for the job, absolutely no previous experience is needed
* 50 euros per covered match plus full compensation for transportation and ticket expenses
* a flexible freelance contract where you apply to matches which would fit in your schedule.
As most matches are played on midweek evenings and during weekends this job is perfect for freelancers, students and other people looking for part-time work but even job seekers currently receiving unemployment benefits could cover a few matches per month without getting cuts.
How to apply:
* Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Football data journalist (your city here)
* at least state your name, location, date of birth, nearby team(s), a rough estimate on how many matches you would be willing to attend on a weekly or monthly basis and your preferred means of transport.
Applicants living in or around following locations are urgently needed, but other places can also be considered upon request: Rovaniemi, Kuopio, Kajaani, Raasepori, Kokkola, Pietarsaari, Vaasa, Ahvenanmaa, Seinäjoki, Oulu, Mikkeli, Kotka, Kouvola.
Lähetä vastauksesi osoitteeseen: email@example.com